OPENING 12th April 2021
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 please refrain from using the centre.
When we welcome you and on arrival at the health club, we would ask that all members wear a face mask on entrance. If you forget yours we do have these on sale at the main club Reception. We also require members and guests to wear a facemask in the club, except for when you are exercising.
At reception, we will check your skin temperature where possible. If this is excessive you will be asked to wait for 10 minutes and then be re-tested. Unfortunately, you will be denied entry if your temperature reading exceeds this upper limit for a second time. We ask that you please respect our team if they ask you to refrain from entering the club and support us in being compliant with new guidelines.
We’ve further increased our already exemplary cleaning and disinfecting regimes. We’ve introduced regular deep-cleaning and, with the help of our ‘’ cleaning stations’’ located around the centre members and guests are required to use the approved cleaning product and disposable roll, to sanitise touch points after use.
- Social Distancing to be maintained where possible with machines cleaned before and after use, hand sanitizer will also be provided. Please wash hands before and after you have been in the centre.
- We will be operating a one-way system so please follow the arrows on the walls where possible.
- We will still take card and cash payments.
- Please do not train in groups of more than 2 in the gym together and equipment should be wiped down after use.
- Youth memberships (10-16yrs) are restricted to use the gym between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
- There will be a new class timetable with effect from 1 August 2020, which will consider our new social distancing plans. This will be subject to continuous review, as we learn what pressures the club faces over the coming weeks and months.
- Reduced class sizes and careful class timetabling will allow us to ensure there are no bottlenecks and cross-overs in corridors and changing areas.
- Equipment and CV machines will be spaced where possible to achieve social distancing and the gym floor will have prominent signs to remind members about ‘’working out’’ safely.
- Overall all your favourite classes are available, but we will be operating a strict booking system like before, casuals will still be allowed but booking will be essential in order to avoid disappointment.
- Some of the timetable has reduced only slightly due to the nature of them or because we need to clean equipment for your safety. With the success of Paul’s bootcamps we are now doing 3 extra during the week, all outside for your enjoyment and following feedback we have received from you.
- The timetable also includes classes inside, with social distancing being maintained. Weather permitting several classes will be held outdoors.
- Please bring along your own mats where required. Current Government guidelines are that we should no longer provide them.
Showers and Changing Rooms:
- We encourage members to shower at home where possible unless they can’t, please wash hands thoroughly and maintain the social distancing rules.
- Our teams have been working very hard, behind the scenes so that we can recommence trading and ensure a safe environment for everyone.
- We are striving to combine an excellent, safe, customer friendly experience, coupled with increased levels of cleanliness and sanitation to our returning members.
- Our team of staff will monitor the changing facilities closely. Some of the lockers will be out of action, in order that social distancing is achieved in these areas. These will be clearly labelled with appropriate signage.
Cafe / Bar / Eating Area
- The cafe bar tables will be appropriately spaced to maintain social distancing.
- We will start taking Direct Debit payments from August 1st and monthly thereafter.
Staying safe is everyone’s responsibility and we must all play our part, we ask everyone to please observe the following and If you have ANY symptoms of COVID-19, you must not attend.
this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
New, continuous cough
this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
Change of Smell or Taste
loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal